Here are the answers to some of the questions we are most frequently asked. If you can't find the answer you are looking for, please call us on 0121 308 3751 or complete the enquiry form on the Contact Us page and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
Browse by Category
Our website booking system is secured using an industry standard encryption method.
To make a booking you have to do the following.
If you need to cancel a booking please call our reservations department on 0121 334 2300 or 0121 334 2301 as soon as possible when you will be given a cancellation reference number. You will also be asked to provide written confirmation of your cancellation by fax or email. A cancellation charge may apply – please check your terms and conditions for details.
A credit/debit card is required to guarantee your reservation. Authorisation of the card will be required on arrival and payment for your stay is taken on departure.
Credit Card Pre-authorisation
1. What is a pre-authorisation? When you make a reservation, there may be instances when we will contact your credit (or debit) card company to confirm that the card you are using is valid and hasn’t been reported lost or stolen. At this time, we may also check to see if the card has enough money to cover the transaction. This is communicated in the form of a pre-authorisation of the full amount of your reservation. However, we will not proceed with the charge. The time at which your card will be charged will depend on the terms and conditions linked to your booking.
2. What’s the difference between a pre-authorisation and an actual charge to my credit card? Pre-authorisations are common but are often confused with actual charges. While in-store purchases are immediately charged and deducted from your available balance, pre-authorisations are temporary holds. The length of the hold will vary, and your credit card company can advise how they handle this.
3. How will I know if my card has been pre-authorised? Your available balance will be reduced temporarily by the full amount of your reservation. You may also see “pending transactions” on your credit card account summary. If you’re not sure if your card had been pre-authorised, our reception team and your credit card company can verify this.
4. How long will the pre-authorisation hold affect my available balance? Your card provider can better explain this, along with the general terms and conditions associated with their pre-authorisation procedures. These terms vary across the board, so it’s best to contact them for specific details.
5. Will the hold always equal the exact amount of my reservation? In most cases, we will pre-authorise your card for the full amount of your reservation. On occasion, you may see an amount slightly higher than the rate shown on your confirmation. If this does happen, we can explain why this has occurred.
Our superior rooms are generally larger and our superior package includes complimentary water, chocolates and the use of robes and slippers. Most superior rooms have views of the grounds.
You can check into your room from 3pm onwards.
You need to check out at 11am on the day of departure. On Sundays, for an additional £50 you can keep your room until 6pm - ask us about our “Lazy Sunday” offer!
Along with channels 1 to 5, you can also watch any of the standard Freeview channels in your room. Popular sporting events are shown live via Sky Sports on a big screen in the Ladywood room which is adjacent to the main bar.
We offer Wi-Fi internet access free of charge within the guest bedrooms, public areas and meeting rooms.
We have a fully adapted room as well as a lift and parking spaces close to the entrance. Please call us for details.
There is a large free car park with CCTV coverage.
It is advisable to make your restaurant reservation well in advance of your stay as both our restaurants are extremely popular, especially on Friday and Saturday evenings and Sunday lunchtimes.
It is not necessary as there are always vegetarian options in the Oak Room restaurant and in the Country Kitchen carvery.
The Country Kitchen Carvery
Breakfast :- Monday to Friday: 6:30am - 9:30am Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays: 7:30am - 10:00am
Lunch :- Monday to Saturday: 12pm -2pm Sunday: 12pm - 9:30pm
Dinner :- Monday to Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm Sunday: 12pm - 9:30pm
The Oak Room Restaurant
Lunch :- Monday to Saturday: Closed Sunday: 12:30pm - 2:30pm
Dinner :- Monday to Friday: 7.30pm – 9.30pm, Saturdays: 7pm - 9.30pm Sunday: Closed
Yes, all our rates include full use of the leisure facilities until 11am on the day of your departure.
It is always advisable to pre-book your Spa treatments, particularly at weekends when the Spa is often fully booked.
The hotel is situated within the grounds of Moor Hall golf course which is a private members' club. Subject to availability, hotel guests are allowed to play the course, Monday to Friday, although tee off times cannot be booked. There are numerous other golf course within a five mile radius of the hotel that will accept advance bookings - take a look here.
Helicopters can land at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa with five days notice. Arrivals and departures must be arranged via our Conference and Banqueting department on 0121 308 3751, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The charge for the service is £25 for hotel residents and £100 for non-residents.